He is a 12 years old boy, who works in a garbage dump and lives in the slum along with his mother. Both have different ideologies towards life. He is a staunch believer of being positive and has a dream of spreading smiles. But, his mother is a frustrated woman.
While working, he finds a digital camera in the dump. His friend tells him that people smile whenever you point it towards them. He soon realizes the same and gets all thrilled to spread smiles including his mother.
Unfortunately, the camera gets lost and all his dreams get shattered. What happens next is the core of the film. The story revolves around the perception of a small kid who wants to follow his dreams….
This short film has won several accolades including;
– Winner — National Short film festival of Nagpur 2011
– Special Screening- 3rd North Bengal Film Festival 2011
– Official Selection- Jaipur International Film Festival 2012
– Official Selection- International Film Festival of Ahmedabad 2012
– Official Selection- Shaan E Awadh International Film Festival 2011
– best film
– best camera
– best edit
– Official Selection- The Stepping Stone International Film Festival 2011
– Official Selection- Imphal International Film Festival 2011
– Special Screening — IHC- India Habitat Centre on 15Jan2012 by SHAMIANA